Ave Maria Microfinance Bank (AMMFB) of the Catholic Diocese of Oyo is a faith-based, non-bank micro finance institution established by the Catholic Diocese of Oyo to cater for all people, with emphasis on the poor and the vulnerable irrespective of religion, race, age or gender that are financially excluded. Ave Maria MFB promotes holistic human development and strategic actions against ills of the society towards the realization of a just and egalitarian community through animation, conscientization, awareness, training, advocacy, supports, mobilization networking and Entrepreneur Development and Micro- Credit Programme.
Ave Maria has been in existence since 2009 as a department under a Non Government Organization called Justice Development & Peace Movement Oyo Diocese incorporated on 5th February 2007 by the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja, with RC NO CAC/IT/NO 22933 as Non-Profit Organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager / Head of Finance
Location: Iwere Ile (Iwajowa Local Gov’t), Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Field: Finance/ Accounting
- This position reports to the CEO and serves as an integral member of the senior management team wearing the hat of Head of Finance.
- As the Head of Finance, the candidate will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the CEO and other departments with emphasis on bottom-line performance, working capital, and enhancing shareholder value. This position will provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing our strategy.
- All financial matters, including budget development, planning & reporting; managing the accounts, payroll, and financial reporting of business performance.
- To work as part of the Senior Management team to contribute financial and operational expertise in the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, practices, funding proposals, and applications.
- To interact with the Board of Directors, Finance & Audit Committees, by providing financial reports and information to ensure sound financial structure.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems, and controls.
- Management of budget in coordination with the Chief Executive.
- Responsible to the CEO and BOD
- Supporting the CEO and investors in additional fundraising, due diligence, mid-term financial planning, and exit strategy.
- Presenting Board Packs to the Leadership team and backers.
- Establishing KPIs and reporting metrics.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Annual budgeting and forecasting for all business units.
- On-going business performance review.
- Analyzing operational analysis and preparing meaningful MI to enhance corporate decision-making.
- Providing finance-related advice for new product analysis covering accounting, billing, risk management, and taxation.
- Assisting in contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Establish internal control processes required to manage and grow the business
- Drive the annual budget process and the monthly reporting.
- Effectively lead the finance/accounting/operations team by developing and coaching existing teams and by hiring and retaining top-grade talent.
- Develop and implement a financial risk management policy.
- Effectively manage bankers, board of director, suppliers, and other financial relationships
Regulatory & Statutory Relationship:
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors (Internal and External Auditors).
- Coordinates regulatory and supervisory functions.
- Manages relationship with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. NDIC, CBN, FIRS, LIRS, etc.
- Reviews and manages the Financial Risks undertaken by the business, and demonstrates a good understanding of the risk profile of the company whilst reporting risk issues, and mitigating all identified risks.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of OND in Marketing, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- The candidate should possess good marketing, customer service & interpersonal relation skills.
- The candidate should have 1-3 years of experience in a related role.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Packages especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and etc is mandatory.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage projects/processes.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent ability as a consultant/negotiator to influence company senior management and Board of Directors.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding Customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- The high degree of professionalism, maturity, and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships, highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skill.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the executive team.
- Creative and forward-thinking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professionals, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong ethics.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the Company.
- Responsible for capital planning and allocation as well as balance sheet optimization.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Coordination of financial reports within the Company.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of Fintech financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
Benefit / Packages
We offer an attractive remuneration package and opportunities for career and personal development.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2021.
You May Want To Apply For More:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Selection / Interview
- Please note that shortlisted candidate(s) will be invited for an interview via SMS and Telephone Call (s).