Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Housekeeping Manager
Zip/Postal Code: 100001
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full time
- Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing the overall operation of the housekeeping department.
- He/ She must ensure the environment meets the minimum standards of habitability as set by the organization, compliance with hygiene and cleanliness standards and also present a potential health and safety hazard free environment to guests and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the policies and procedures are implemented to support the activities of the organization and to guide team members and guests.
- Train team members and other employees on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence and oversee housekeeping operations on a daily basis
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including (but not limited to) floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Effectively manage staff and resources providing a satisfying housekeeping service
- Listen to customers’ complaints and ensure that the complaints are addressed efficiently and effectively
- Ensure efficient use of departmental resources and order supplies for the housekeeping department
- Assist guests to resolve complaints and specific housekeeping needs
- Responsible for ensuring that beddings and towels are laundered as scheduled.
- Minimum of BSc / HND in Business Administration or related field
- 3 years’ experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development
- Self-control is necessary to handle difficult people appropriately
- The ability to think critically over housekeeping issues and proffer cost-effective solutions
- Excellent organizational and team management skills
- Good listening, diplomatic and effective interpersonal skill
- Passionate about a hygienic environment and pays attention to details
- Proficiency with the use of MS Office to create report and track daily use of housekeeping equipment.