Bethsaida Insurance Brokers Limited (A Subsidiary of bethsaida groups of companies) is a well-managed, well-capitalized, and financially sound company, offering excellent insurance broking services. It was incorporated to carry on insurance broking services.
At Bethsaida Insurance Brokers LTD, we are dedicated to identifying and mitigating risks and understanding the needs and concerns of our clients and to providing excellent advice and service free of charge in timely fashion for our clients. Our aim is to achieve a “win/win” results for both insured and insurer in each transaction.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Insurance Underwriter (Branch Manager)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Ensure quality underwriting and claims management for all classes of Insurance, prompt and error-free documentation of policies to achieve superior customer service delivery.
- Generating new business opportunities for the company.
- Candidate is also expected to act as a Branch Manager and manage a set of dedicated team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with brokers to ensure service goals are met
- Day-to-day underwriting operations by establishing priorities, adjusting quotes when necessary, to have a competitive edge over other industry players while ensuring adherence to laid down underwriting standards.
- Conduct underwriting audits and other technical quality review programs
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data prepared and obtain approval for risk selection and acceptance, coverage, and price.
- Actively manage a set of team assigned to you, deliver timely, high quality and profitable services.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external customers in order to attract develop and retain profitable businesses.
- Participate with senior management in department and business unit-wide initiatives around product development, processes, underwriting policy and strategy; recommend/implement changes to improve productivity, profitability and business growth.
- Assessing, gathering background information & forming opinion on insurance proposals
- Liaise with other departments to resolve issues and create business efficiencies
- Establish and manage departmental business processes.
- Interfacing with actuarial consultant on technical matters.
- First degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower degree) in Insurance, or any related field
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in insurance underwriting and claims management.
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Skills / Competencies:
- Demonstrable understanding of the underwriting concepts, principles, practices, and procedures
- Proven Insurance Underwriting Skills
- Confident decision-making skills
- Excellent knowledge of life insurance policies
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- High Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications most especially in Microsoft Excel tool.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2020.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV in Ms Word to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.