Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fraud Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance
- Fraud analysts are responsible for monitoring bank accounts, accounting paperwork, and financial transactions. They analyze the data to identify any fraudulent and suspicious activities within the Bank.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date Fraud Rule Book comprising of regulatory and industry requirements.
- Conduct Fraud Risk Assessment in collaboration with the Operational Risk Management and Fraud Operations teams and develop measures to mitigate identified risks.
- Design and maintain a fraud loss and recovery database across Business groups and product/service lines.
- Keep abreast and maintain a collaborative relationship with regulators, peer industry players, Card Schemes, and Law Enforcement Agencies and fraud risk industry forums to help detect and mitigate fraud.
- Provide Fraud Risk Advisory services including developing Fraud Scenarios for new and existing products and services.
- Collaborate with Fraud Operations to develop to drive standardization, automation and process improvement initiatives, review application User Access Matrix for applicable fraud solutions.
- Review and ensure blacklisted profiles – Merchants, Cardholders – are updated and set fraud, Transaction and Merchant Categorization Limits in line with business risk and fraud appetite.
- Recommend changes to the process control environment or to business practices, where necessary, to reduce the level of fraud risk exposure to within the agreed appetite.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc fraud risk analytics reports.
- Monitor constantly customer and transactional records to identify unauthorized transactions and fraudulent accounts.
- Ensure confidentiality of all information collected during investigation.
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns.
- Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities.
- Recommend anti-fraud processes for changing transaction patterns and trends.
- Act quickly and decisively when Fraud become apparent and ensure it is addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated appropriately to mitigate loss of fund.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in related fields in the financial services sector
- Data Analytics and programming/scripting experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact with different stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good organisational skills needed to manage a high volume of assigned cases
- Proficient with the Financial procedures and regulations
- Hands on experience with relevant Information System
- Honest and ethical with high levels of integrity and confidentiality
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2021.
You May Want To Apply For More:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online