Westsons Limited – Our client, a reputable Oil & Gas Upstream Company is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Joint Venture Accountant
Business Type: Upstream Oil & Gas
Department: Finance and Accounts
Reports To: Finance Manager
- The purpose of the role is to monitor, record, advise and report on all financial related transactions on the Assets that belong to parties of the joint venture.
- The successful candidate will be an active member of the Finance team and play an integral role in the overall success of the Accounting and Finance department. The Joint Venture Accountant will report to the Finance Manager.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Validation of JV project payments and entries into project accounts with the Contract Administrator, Cost Accountant and Accounts Payable Manager.
- Validation of JV Project inflows with Production Team and Treasury Operations.
- Preparation of JV financial performance reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Monitor and ensure the efficiency and accuracy of internal reporting systems for the purpose of joint venture partner reporting.
- Lead the preparation, and presentation of SUBCOM, TECOM and OPCOM financial briefs in line with JOA.
- Interaction with Project Managers and Technical Operations, for status updates on JV projects and ensure financial performance reports correctly reflect activities.
- Lead the monthly finance performance review meetings with JV partner representatives.
- Ensure proper filing and archiving of all JV reports for ease of retrieval.
- Coordinate the process of audit of the JV financial accounts when required by the JV partner.
- Coordinate and prepare Annual Work Program and Budget (WP&B) for the JV in line with JOA.
- Prepare reconciliation reports of joint venture partner balance sheet accounts.
- Provide supporting financial analysis/documents for WP&B and performance submissions.
- Tracking and reporting of updates on statutory requirements for JVs
- Implementation of internal and external auditors’ recommendations on JV administration and reporting.
- Coordinate, prepare, and submit monthly cash calls to the JV partner, and attend cash call meetings as scheduled.
- Assisting the Finance Manager on other special assignments as may be required from time to time.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- Professional accreditation (ACA, ACCA) is an advantage.
- Master’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of cognate experience in an upstream oil & gas accounting.
- Joint Venture Accounting, supervisory experience.
- collection and partner dispute resolution
- Working knowledge of Joint Venture agreements
- Ability to analyse AP issues and provide resolution to pertinent parties internally and externally.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Solid understanding of full-cycle oilfield capital activities and production practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong presentation skills
- Must be highly motivated and experienced in managing multiple matters.
- Advance knowledge in application of ERP Accounting Systems.
- General Applications: Microsoft Office package.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2021.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY NOW
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email