Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Logistics and Procurement Officer
Job ID: 2021-1951
Location: North East, Nigeria
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
You May Want To Apply For More:
Creative is seeking a Logistics and Procurement Officer for an anticipated USAID-funded education project in Northeast Nigeria. The Logistics and Procurement Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes to ensure compliance with Creative policy and procedures, tracking procurement of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation, and coordinating with Creative HQ Procurement. In addition, the Logistics and Procurement Officer will be responsible for working with the Security and Operations Manager and other team members to support logistics as needed to ensure smooth project implementation and operations.
Reporting & Supervision
The Logistics and Procurement Officer will report to the Security and Operations Manager, with a dotted line relationship to Creative HQ Procurement and Field Operations.
- Establish, lead, and implement procurement processes and logistics to support activity implementation for the project, strictly following all rules and regulations including:
- Creative Procurement policies and procedures
- ADS (Automated Directive System)
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- CFR (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations)
- AAPD (Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directive)
- Local Nigerian Law
- Coordinate with other members of the operations and technical teams.
- Work with Project Technical team to prepare the annual Project Procurement Plan to maximize efficiency and coordination in the procurement of goods and services.
- Conduct market research for each type of procurement and maintain a data base of vendors and items commonly needed by the project.
- Determine the most reasonable and expeditious process for procurement in compliance with Creative policies and procedures and USAID regulations.
- Prepare and issue solicitation documents based on approved requisition received.
- Provide clarifications to all vendors when required and prepare and issue solicitation modifications when applicable.
- Ensure confidentiality throughout procurement and vendor selection process.
- Facilitate the evaluation process for each solicitation according to Creative’s procurement policy.
- Ensure proper documentation of the selection of vendors using the Creative’s official templates.
- Lead negotiations with vendors
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders or Sub-Contracts
- Draft, negotiate, and manage Short-term Technical Assistance Consultancy Agreements, Fixed Price Service Agreements, and subcontracts.
- Verify quality and quantity of products according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or Project ensuring proper documentation of the delivery.
- Process payment for vendors verifying invoices are consistent with Purchases Orders.
- Review all payment requests for ongoing subcontracts and make sure that all the required forms are appropriately and consistently filled out and requested before being submitted to finance.
- Ensure procurement files comply with Creative’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare procurement reports on monthly basis.
- Provides oversight of Vehicle logs, vehiclemaintenance as applicable.
- Identify Vehicle needs and review driver time sheets as applicable.
- Facilitate customs clearances for project property.
- Coordinate transportation and delivery of procurement and inventory.
- Conduct and update inventory database of the office on a monthly basis.
- Oversee logistics, events management, and transportation in accordance with project needs, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, procurement or logistics; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least four (4) years of management experience with project implementation, managing logistics and procurement, preferably in Nigeria; minimum of three years working in international development;
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to acquisitions;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English required; fluency in Hausa, Kanuri, or another language spoken in Northeast Nigeria preferred
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
You May Want To Apply For More:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online