Kaiglo is Nigeria’s No. 1 Local Fashion Shopping Destination. We bring sellers across Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- The logistics officer is responsible for providing logistic support and overseeing the overall logistic processes in support of the objectives of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- He/She is responsible for procurement planning, transportation, and storage, as well as overseeing the organization, planning, and maintenance of the fleet.
- Carry out packing, crating, and warehousing, and storage duties in preparation for site-specific program and shipment.
- Oversee customer based queues and plan and allocate tasks to meet configuration requirements.
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered.
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored.
- Program the final inventory of materials prior to shipment.
- Provide a list of all equipment moved from the consolidation areas into sponsor shipping channels to project coordinators.
- Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid supply.
- Manage the repair of equipment.
- Responsible for supervising and accounting for an inventory.
- Carry out annual property inventory and provide other report in his area of responsibility.
- Education: To work as a logistics officer, you are require to have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business administration, or Transportation; Industrial Distribution, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain Management, or in a related field
- Knowledge: It is important that applicants have an understanding of logistics operations and practices. They must also have extensive work experience in logistic or supply chain management tasks.
Skills and Competencies:
- Computer skills: To work as a logistics officer, applicants must have a thorough understanding of MS Office applications and logistics software necessary to conduct research and complete routine/moderately complex tasks.
- Analytical skills: They must be able to assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions.
- Interpersonal skills: It is crucial that they can establish and preserve productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect, as well as nurture an effective working relationship with the work team.
- Communication skills: Applicants must be able to communicate with various stakeholders, including customers, colleagues, vendors, etc. It is also vital for composing and delivering responses to customers, attending to complex questions in a clear and concise manner, and reporting the status of assigned tasks.
- Organizational skills: Logistics officers must be able to plan, prioritize, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines
- Client orientation: It is essential that they have a customer focus attitude to regard those to whom services are provided for as customers. Having a customer orientation helps to understand customer requirements, identify clients’ needs, and match them to appropriate solutions, or suggest and implement solutions to customer issues
- Flexibility: Logistics officers must be willing and able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
Application Closing Date
You May Want To Apply For More:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.