MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Offshore Logistic Assistant
- Shall assist the Offshore Logistics Coordinator in managing logistic operations.
Scope of Work:
- Supports the day-to-day logistics operations and assists the RSES-d with administration and management of the logistics contracts.
- Processes intra-field transfer requests and organizes all intra-field personnel transfers by means of crew boats (surfers) and personnel transfer basket (as appropriate);
- Jointly with HSE ensures that all passengers watch the helicopter, crew boat and personnel transfer basket (FROG) safety video induction (depending on the intended means of transport);
- Holds the PTS Key User role. He is in charge of the POB, manages and operates the PTS system, supervises the PTS technical clerk on-board if applicable.
- Acts as the secondary correspondent for the Helicopter pilots, Master of Supply vessels and crew boats (surfers), under the supervision of Flotel RSES-d;
- Supports monitoring of all daily helicopter activities in accordance with the program issued by the DW Travel
- Logistics in Lagos and makes sure that the schedules are respected in order to return to PHC NAF base and Lagos before the limit hours. He organizes the crew changes and ensures that bookings have been processed on the PTS and validated.
- Optimizes Jet A1 fuel on site. Modifies the helicopter flight schedule, if necessary, to ensure the on-site refuelling.
- Supports management of all vessel movements on site. Liaises regularly with the FPSO, drilling rigs and
- OIMR/construction vessels to know their loading plans, priorities, prepares and issues site daily vessel.
- movement schedule considering cargo priorities of various platforms.
- Ensures that adequate stock of Marine Gas Oil, potable water is available at all times for the operations. Prepares all required paperwork and manifests relating to received and discharged cargo from vessels. He is familiar with the various types of cargo carrying units including their markings.
- Ensures that stock level of Marine gas oil and fresh water on supply vessels and terminal tugs are correctly followed up in order to anticipate future needs.
- Follows-up Diesel bunker vessel operations in the field.
- Assumes duties of Muster checker at emergency muster station during alarm situation.
- Support preparation and dispatching of Daily Logistics Report to the OIM and other nominated recipients.
- Prepares any other ad-hoc reports as requested by the Logistic Coordinator
- Applies COMPANY procedures for personnel and cargo transportation. He is well familiar with emergency procedures and applies them when necessary.
- He allocates cabins and lifeboats and updates the POB.
- Reports all unsafe conditions (anomalies) primarily related to the helicopter, marine operations, and cargo operations.
- He is expected to take over any other duties within his competency as requested by management on board, without any restrictions.
- Context and Environment
- Rotation status: 4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off (Local Staff)
- Employed offshore on the FPSO.
- High School Diploma and minimum of 5 years Oil and Gas Industry Experience in a similar capacity.
- Fully conversant with relevant legislation, Company Rules (Referential) and best practises.
- High level of organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to react and take decisions according to last minute change.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Capacity to communicate, to convince and if needed to impose rules and organization.
- Fluent in the English Language.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office applications package (Word, Excel, Power Point), SAP (MM, PM, RLM) and PTS.
- Good knowledge of the various international standard reference documents: i.e. – IMDG code, CAP437, LOLER, etc.
- Knowledge of various types of helicopters.
- Knowledge of helicopter refuelling techniques.
- Dangerous goods by air and sea awareness (including radioactive sources)
- Understanding of crane operations and limitations (including Lifting Management System)
- Understanding of crew boat (surfer) operations and limitations.
- Possession of BOSIET will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
20th May, 2021.
You May Want To Apply For More:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.