Afriprise is a creative publishing company that is changing the way educational books are developed and utilized in Africa. Established in January 2018 and headquartered in Ibadan, the intellectual capital of Africa, Afriprise has publishing operations across Nigeria, supporting the learning and creative development of millions of children and young adults.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Editor / Creative Writer
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Evolution of original contents for different range of book and magazines from manuscript phase to publishable material
- Responsible for researching and developing industry-specific contents
- Conducting extensive research to obtain factual information and authentic details
- Maintaining the blogs of different projects to engage the fans and readers
- Appropriately source and cite resources
- Works and edits a broad range of stories.
- Works with freelance writers on story development.
- Collaborates with the graphics team on visual and graphic components of stories and books.
- Exhibits strong story judgment.
- Proofreads and crosschecks copy and ensures content is consistent with the style guide.
- Develops and executes a strategy to expand and improve local business coverage and grow traffic to the channel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc / HND is preferred in any discipline.
- Excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles and tones.
- Excellent track records of high-quality writings of different styles and tones.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar grasp.
- A good grasp of narratives and a strong awareness of audience.
- Great research and learning skills.
- Strong editing skill.
- High level of knowledge about story elements such as character, plot, theme, dialogue, style, point of view and conflicts.
- Perform extensive fact-checking.
- High level of creativity.
- Ability to use data-driven insights to write quality materials.
- Accuracy / thoroughness.
- Must be committed to meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask effectively and consistently on different projects at the same time.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office.
- Must be based in Ibadan.
You May Want To Apply For More:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Resumes of applicants and cover letters should be well highlighted to demonstrate writing skills as well as sufficiency in all the requirements stated above.