The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Specialist
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Type: Full Time
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Database Manager to integrate new IT solution into existing database utilize to report program data.
- Lead in the development of a Chat Bot to aid service provision and tracking by case workers.
- Manages ongoing relationship with CBOs to drive satisfaction with the IT solution – CHILD Monitor.
- Mentor SI team and CBO MEL officers on how to utilize IT solution to track project deliverables and continue to improve user experience and interface (UX/UI)
- Lead the development of project indicator monitoring dashboard using Tableau or Power BI
- Strengthen informatics capacity of CBOs towards standardization and utilization of the case management app – CHILD Monitor.
- Lead development of comprehensive functional update of the CHILD Monitor with specifications based on USAID inputs on expansion of features.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of M & E plans for CHILD Monitor standardization, documentation of learning and user guidelines.
- Work with the SI team, to co-ordinate update and implementation of the CHILD Monitor, interoperability Layer, shared record and Master Client Registry
- Continue to ensure that all Nigeria specific user requirements, requested enhancements and reported bugs are accurately captured, validated and prioritized.
- Manage User Stories at a project level and ensure that they are sufficiently documented with clear acceptance criteria and that they are traceable to sprint backlogs.
- Oversee Implementation of CCCRN strategies to support change management of the new system or and transition from NOMIS.
- Continue to monitor and ensure that information supported systems meet prevailing standards, including security and confidentiality.
- Participate in identifying and documenting project success stories.
- Contribute to project documentation needs including development of Informatics sections in project reports and Work Planning
- Effectively and promptly response to reported issues and maintain catalogue of related issues for upgrade and improvement.
- Provide technical expertise on spatial data collection, map series creation, compilation of available geospatial data sets, web mapping, spatial analysis, data visualization and remote sensing
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the IT solution to project leadership
- Other duties assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Director of Strategic Information, Director of Programs, Strategic Information Officers, Database Manager, State Program Managers
- Supervisory: None
- External: CBO and Government partners
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CCCRN’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
- Master’s Degree or higher with a focus in public health, public health informatics, health care informatics, information technology, computer science, information science, public policy or health policy, statistics or related field
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in a healthcare or public health setting with health informatics responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge of current public health information technology and applications.
- Extensive experience in a setting involving the use of health information programs.
- In depth knowledge and experience in IT solutions for health informatics.
Application closing Date
25th March, 2021.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single MS Word document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- CCCRN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment.