Chef Eros & Company – Cookie Jar is the celebrated home of African Gourmet cookies and cupcakes, luxurious artisan cakes, breads, pastries and desserts. Our creations of local sensual flavors and more are designed to take your taste buds on a quaint journey to a land of pure satisfaction.
We began our humble journey in the year 2012 and we have grown now into an African Boulangerie and an Adult dessert parlour. Our menu has changed yet our values have stayed the same. We emphasise on using high quality premium produce always whilst supporting local artisans and growers wherever we can.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pastry Chef
Employment Type: Full Time
- A fast growing food business with 5 (Five) brands based in Lekki, Lagos is currently seeking to fill the role of a Pastry Chef.
- We are looking for a Pastry Chef / Head Baker to prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries, like cookies, cakes and pies.
- To be successful in this role, you should have work experience as a Baker and be able to decorate cakes using creative techniques.
- Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers on a daily basis.
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
- Able to develop, designs, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew menus and engage the interest of customers
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Coordinates activities of Bakers and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Checks the quality of products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively
- Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years experience
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
- Experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef or similar role
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Ability to document acurrately
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
N100,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.
You May Want To Apply For More:
How to Apply
Interested and qualifed candidates should:
Click here to apply online