GZ Industries is West Africa’s leading aluminum can manufacturer, expanding rapidly to Sub-Saharan Africa. Vision To operate a world-class Aluminum Beverage Can Manufacturing facility. little white space Mission canTo produces high-quality Aluminum Cans, using the best technology and personnel while meeting the expectations of all our stakeholders in an environmentally friendly manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Technician
Employment Type: Full time
- Works towards the achievement of production goals including minimum spoilage and high product quality.
- Performs various manual or mechanical production functions by operating and adjusting production equipment.
- Supports the Engineering team in troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining production equipment as required.
- Disassembles, overhauls, and rebuilds production equipment under the supervision of a qualified maintainer.
- Rotates through workstations as needed for coverage, relief, and training purposes.
- Maintains and secures work tools, and replenishes supplies required for assigned areas.
- Turns off and locks out equipment when not in use.
- Acts as a backup for other parts of the assembly line, and for the warehouse.
Quality Control and Assurance:
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished products.
- Performs quality assurance checks as required.
- Health, Safety, and Environment
- Operates production machinery as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Complies with corporate directives and established job safety practices, policies and procedures for the safe performance of work assignments.
- Supports, implements and conforms to the guidelines of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and the food safety management system.
- Performs clean-up and housekeeping duties.
- Maintains 5s work culture in the course of carrying out all activities and tasks.
Record Keeping and Reporting:
- Completes daily production, quality assurance and maintenance logs in conjunction with other record-keeping duties as required.
- Integrated Management System
- Documents, implements and maintains the requirements of the Quality, Food Safety, Environment, Health and Safety management systems.
Required Education / Experience
- Minimum of a First Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering.
- Advanced skills (Journeyman / Trade Certificate level) required in one or more of the following areas: mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, plumbing, carpentry, piping systems.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2021.
You May Want To Apply For More:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.