IO Furniture Limited – We are a full-service interior design and manufacturing company characterized by our uncompromising quality and innovative design solutions. With innovation, functionality, and style at the heart and soul of our company, we deliver perfection consistently. From our signature classics to our custom project designs we have managed to build a stellar reputation for excellence, quality, reliability and integrity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Professional Carpenters (Installers)
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Production Supervisors, Production Manager
Key Summary of the Job
- To work as a team member within the carpentry team to manufacture furniture pieces from prepared cutting list.
- To work individually or as a team member for installation of furniture parts on clients’ site as assigned
Core Working Relationships:
- Technical Team
- Production Team
- Customer Service Team
- Store Team
- Delivery Team
- Cutting and shaping chipboard panels based on the provided measurements.
- Assembling doors, frames, tables and fitted furniture, panels, components, case goods, seating, filing, etc.
- Fitting pedestals, tables, wardrobes and kitchen cabinets.
- Installing wall cladding, partitions, doors, kitchen cabinets and wardrobes,
- Undertake carpentry tasks effectively and in accordance to the Company’s defined quality standards.
- Observe all Health, Safety and Work procedures/regulations and report any hazardous activities to the Production Supervisors.
- Understands and interpretes installation drawings and installation instruction sheets.
- Understands customer satisfaction as the focus of the installation team and consistently meets or exceeds the customers’ expectations.
- Lifting and moving furniture items, boxes and equipment.
- Understands and possess the ability to teach basic installation processes: unloading, loading, staging, unboxing, panel assembly, component assembly, clean-up and detailing, lock installations, etc.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in professional carpentry & installation
- NABTEB, Trade Test or Diploma in woodworks.
Key Job Attributes
- Ability to obey and adhere to laid down processes and procedures.
- Oral and written communication skills: Has a strong customer service attitude and manner; communicates easily and clearly; polite and cordial to all customers.
- Possess physical strength and stamina required to lift and move furniture, boxes and equipment, often more than 50 pounds
- Excellent work ethics: self-discipline, punctuality, integrity and self-motivation
- Mechanically adept and knows how to safely use tools and equipment.
- Ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts, including any overnight or out of town assignments.
- Interpersonal skills and professional demeanour to interact effectively with a wide range of clients, occasionally under trying circumstances.
- Attention to details
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
- Carpentry and Joinery craftsmanship
- Basic Numeracy Skills
- Basic Literacy Skills.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2021.
You May Want To Applying For More:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send thier CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of mail.