Prospa is a bank for Nigerian entrepreneurs. We’re building the financial operating system for African entrepreneurs and businesses. Using our intuitive and beautifully designed mobile and web application, entrepreneurs are able to manage all their business and banking in one place.
We are backed by Y Combinator, and some of the most well respected and prolific investors, builders and operators in the US, Africa and Europe like Immad Akund (CEO @ mercury.com), Microtraction and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Frontend Web Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for a highly motivated Frontend Engineer to join our growing team. You’ll work with the marketing, product and design team to build out a world class product for our members.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and build a world-class product experience.
You May Want To Apply For More:
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout.
- Define and develop modern APIs that integrate web and mobile app clients with server backends.
- You will be part of the team responsible for the design, architect and build of esthetically-pleasing modern interfaces for our Web & Mobile products. Bringing products and features to life, taking into careful consideration UX/UI design best practices. Collaborating, testing and iterating core product features.
Who we’re looking for:
- Like everyone else on the team, you are obsessed about impact and the difference we make as a business. You will get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and entrepreneurs and business owners grow and expand their business. As our potential candidate you inhibit a few or all of the following:
- Experience with front-end technologies. We use React and TypeScript, but we’re happy if you’ve used different but similar technologies
- You care deeply about your craft. We build world class products.
- Impact driven
- you want to be involved in building a product that you (and the people you know) use every day.
- You care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions
- Have a champion mentality; result and goal orientated
- Great team player
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Enjoys learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work
- A keen and strategic problem solver.
What you’ll need:
- Familiarity with popular JS-app frameworks (React, redux).
- Interest in working full-stack, from developing frontend web applications to implementing business logic and optimizing database transactions.
- An understanding of how the web works with experience developing applications and can make pragmatic engineering decisions.
- Ability to develop, and deploy incremental improvements to our front-end platform.
- Write reusable components and libraries.
- Write and review engineering design documents and guide product design.
- 3 years minimum experience in Frontend Development.
- 3 years minimum experience in building web applications
- Creative and innovative problem-solver.
- Agile in development.
- MERN/PERN stack engineer.
- Code junkie and hungry.
- Strong design and programming skills.
- Very good understanding of Styling and CSS
- Clean code advocate.
- Good communication skills.
- Fast and infinite learner.
- Excellent taste in Color Combinations..
- Ability to translate mockups to code
- Experience with modern browser technologies (Mobile Web).
- Experience with Minification and saving of web resources for faster rendering in browsers.
- Interactive Design knowledge. Knowledge about Progressive Web Apps.
Bonus points for:
- Having built and shipped your own products
- Experience in development of web and server applications
- Previous experience owning and running a business or side hustle, no matter how big or small.
From N450,000 monthly.
- Medical cover
- Wellness perks
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Career development & opportunities.
- You get to collaborate with and learn from smart and creative people.
Application Closing Date
You May Want To Apply For More:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online