PeCap Development Center – Our client, a front-line player in the Green Energy space, providing the solar power solutions as well as other installation and technology services is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solar Installation Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop layout plan, and installations of electrical wiring, inverters, solar equipment, and other fixtures based on job specification.
- Maintain all systems, equipment, and components. Identify hazards, defects, and the need for replacement or repair.
- Provide technical support to customers; on operation and maintenance of systems / equipment.
- A motivated individual with excellent knowledge and minimal supervision on assigned tasks
- Displays initiative and judgment in arranging job activities to achieve objectives.
- Proactively advises and updates the management regarding data analysis and project reports.
- Prepares complex reports and maintains complicated records requiring careful selections, classification or compilation from several sources on different projects.
- Ability to train others on the use of data, system software and equipment installations as and when needed.
- To work from ladders, scaffolds and rooftops to install, maintain or repair solar equipment, electrical wiring/equipment and other fixtures.
- To diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment, and hand tools, to determine the cause of any breakdown and to resolve the problem.
- To Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or concealed areas and pull insulated wire or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- To perform physically demanding tasks, such as display trend to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- To provide preliminary sketches and cost estimate for materials and services.
- To perform client-site servicing, repair and or installation of company product(s).
- To connect wires to circuit breakers, distribution boards or other components.
- To serve as customer contact on technical and service related challenges.
- To diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and systems failure using established procedures.
- To determine most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
- To prepare reports for analysis of product failure trends and service ability issues.
- OND / HND / B.Sc or its equivalent is required
- Minimum of 2 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and years of related experiences.
Benefits for candidates include but not restricted to the following:
- Attractive salaries
- A collaborative environment that pushes you to think beyond your boundaries.
- A diverse workload, keeping you continually stimulated.
- An open forum for expression of ideas.
- Diverse opportunities to expand your skills, learn newer skills.
Application Closing Date
28th May, 2021.
You May Want To Apply For More:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email