North East Regional Initiative (NERI) is an International Development Organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
- The Program Officer (PO) is responsible for grass-roots development of project concepts and activity submissions.
- The PO will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing NLCB-funded activities or potential activities.
- The PO will work with groups to develop activity ideas and summaries, refine project concepts during the design phase, assist in the creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities. This position will be based in Abuja, with extensive travel to activity sites in Nigeria’s North Central and North West regions.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The PO reports to the Program Manager.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for the project activities.
- Liaise with Nigerian security forces and government officials to gain access to communities, and build acceptance for the program’s activities.
- Identify potential activities at the community level for project support.
- Work with Program Manager (PM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas identified for support and submit them for approval by senior management and USAID / OTI.
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics.
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries through well-written activity notes to Program Manager.
- Work with staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Take photos and videos of activity events to contribute to the program’s communication efforts.
- Support review of final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Political Science, International Affairs or other related Social Sciences field is required.
- Three years of general work experience with at least two years of related experience is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in Nigeria’s Middle Belt and / or North West region is required.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2020.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Note: Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume / CV.