Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Officer (for NHF CCCM Project)
Location: Maiduguri – Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting date: 1st January, 2021
Duration of contract: 6 Months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Project coordinator/Head of Programs
General Context of the Project
- The Boko Haram armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict. The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State, North East Nigeria. The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people across all four frontiers.
- The Armed Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria. A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social services and amenities have also been destroyed and are now non-existent. Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent. Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Warehouse Officer should provide overall providing logistic services; specifically, to provide space for temporary storage to address a lack of available capacity in project area under direct supervision of Project Coordinator.
- During absence of Project Coordinator, position will be wholly accountable for given activities under direct supervision of Project Coordinator.
- Provide overall supervision for the implementation of the warehouse in close work with WH Assistant (received vs. dispatch).
- Perform any other task as might be required by the supervisor.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard Salient inventory management policies and procedures.
- Train warehouse other staff and volunteers as required.
- Request purchase equipment, furniture, or goods needed for a proper use of warehouses
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the warehouse.
- Ensure that all dispatch and receipt documents (Receive Note/Delivery Note/Stock Transfer Sheet/Waybills) are complete and archived in compliance with Salient standards (scan documents and archive digital versions on computer)
- Implement daily activities inside the warehouse in accordance with SHO SOPs and quality standards:
- Manage a schedule for receipt and dispatch of goods from/to Service Users.
- Manage stocks according to standard guidelines considering: individual requests/consignments per Service User; verification on Units of Measure (UoM) for handling (Bags, Bales, Boxes, etcetera), and reporting (metric tons, kilograms, cubic meters); proper documentation for all transactions (request, receipt, release), and warehouse management (stock cards, register of damages/losses).
- Manage Daily Labor to guarantee full operational capacity is maintained.
- Maintain physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering: update the Release Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions (new requests, receipt of goods, and release of goods) based on completed documentation; maintain physical records per individual request/consignment per Service User.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse and any other relevant document.
- Update as per Salient requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce TIMELY reports as requested by the Project Coordinator and in relation to SHO standard of operations (SOPs).
- Ensure the recruitment, attendance follow up and payment of daily workers for logistics needs
- Supervise the team of warehouse assistant and daily workers on daily basis for all warehouse related activities
- Prepare and send to the Project Coordinator the stock report on a monthly basis;
- Immediate report on any discrepancies or theft noticed on any items
- Any other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents, inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards both using SHO standards.
- Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with all NGO partners.
- Ensuring the efficient flow of products in and out of the facility,optimizing the space, and maintaining proper control and accountability for goods at all times.
- Plan the warehouse layout and space in the most operational way for reception, storage, preparation and delivery of the goods
- liaise and maintain timely communications with relevant stakeholders to ensure the timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of goods depending on an organized mechanism
- Ensure all releases/damages/losses are recorded on stock/bin cards and with appropriate transaction-specific documentation (Release Order Form, Goods Received Note, etc.)
- Receive completed store’s release forms and prepare the goods for issuance in accordance with SHO store release procedures.
- Ensure information of Service Users, upon acceptance Salient will be communicated to Service Users in a timely way.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the partners to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Project Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Perform a monthly asset spot checks, report if any assets/inventory are broken, lost or stolen on the InventoryLoss/Theft/Damage report, to be countersigned by the Project Coordinator
Required Profile / Experience
- Degree / HND / ND in Social Sciences;
- Minimum 3 years of experience from at national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical in Warehousing management.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language ad advantage;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- SHO reserve the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
Application Closing Date
28th December, 2020.
YOU MAY WANT TO APPLY FOR
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the “Job position” as subject of the e-mail
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
Please clearly indicate the “Job position” on the envelope.